Senior Method Developer - PCR
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Agilex Biolabs is a Regulated Bioanalytical laboratory which offers specialised services supporting drug development for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset. It is through our employees’ integrity, expertise and hard work that we can provide high quality bioanalytical services. We are committed to providing a challenging and stimulating environment where what our people do matters.
As a member of Agilex Biolabs, you will be a part of an expert team supporting exciting drug development in the pursuit of a healthier world. We offer training and career development opportunities to build the skills and progress the careers of our employees.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Method Developer - PCR for a full-time permanent position. The position is responsible for performing method development and method transfers for PCR based assays and immunology/cell biology functional assays from conception to completion whilst adhering to regulations, Agilex Biolabs guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The position offers a competitive salary, and for suitably qualified and experienced interstate candidates relocation assistance is on offer.
For suitably qualified and experienced overseas candidates, visa sponsorship support and relocation assistance is on offer for them and their family.
- A culture which respects, values, and celebrates the wonderful diversity of it's people
- Flexibility and work-life balance
- Training and career opportunities
- Attractive remuneration
- A collaborative, and fun team environment.
- Development and transfers of complex assays PCR assays utilizing Taqman / hydrolysis and DNA intercalating dye chemistries for quantitative Real-Time (qRT-) and digital droplet (dd)-PCR assays crossing both tissue and cell lines from conception to completion. This includes probe design, extraction, analysis and reporting.
- Working to international regulated bioanalytical standards.
- Communicate with external stakeholders (i.e. clients) on project status and scientific issues.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (i.e. Study Directors, operational groups) on project status and timelines.
- Liaise with operational groups to ensure smooth transition of methods into validation.
- Lead troubleshooting and technical investigations of analytical methods.
- Author and/or review of Analytical Laboratory Methods (ALMs).
- Scientific review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Manage workload and studies with some support from management.
- Assisting R&D Manager in mentoring and training of junior R&D staff where appropriate.
- Provide scientific input into assay development, troubleshooting and incorporation of regulatory guidances.
- Review new projects, as required
- Ordinary degree or higher in the appropriate discipline.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of working in an analytical laboratory (Clinical Research Organisation experience highly desirable)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in analytical method development with absolute quantitative Real Time (qRT)-PCR assays, including primer design for taqman / hydrolysis and DNA intercalating probes. This experience must include planning from conception to completion of analysis. Experience with digital droplet (dd)-PCR is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in analytical method development with Flow cytometry, EliSpot and cell biology (desirable).
- Experience gained in a regulated bioanalytical laboratory and / or working with clinical trials (desirable).
- Demonstrate efficient problem solving and scientific data interpretation abilities, particularly in relation to PCR experiments.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with clients / stakeholders on high level science issues.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver tasks on time and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to set priorities, analyse problems, formulate clear and effective solutions and coordinate a number of tasks simultaneously.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative, trust and reliability and the ability to work unsupervised.