Junior Laboratory Analyst FTC (full time)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Who we are and what we do:
Covance by Labcorp is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance by Labcorp, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring medicine to market sooner, as Covance by Labcorp has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
Our site in Huntingdon is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Analyst to join the Chemistry team in the BioPharm division. The laboratory analyst will will be responsible for cell culture work.
As the Laboratory Analyst, you will work as part of a team alongside other lab analysts, study managers and project managers to perform and you will work as a group to perform the analysis in accordance with approved methods to deliver client projects.
You will perform sample preparation and extraction for analysis, following strict method guidelines. You will then process the data and perform additional analysis depending on the results obtained.
Finally, you will have responsibility for SOP (standard operating procedure) writing as well as working on process improvement projects for the division to ensure the best possible service is delivered.
What Covance by Labcorp can offer you:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry, utilizing multiple analytical techniques and building scientific knowledge
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you will be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects
This is a fixed term contract until February 2022.
- A-Level, Degree (B.Sc.) is desirable, or equivalent industry experience.
Industry experience within a regulatory compliant laboratory is desirable.