- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you passionate about quality in science?
Have you worked or are you working in a GLP / GCP environment?
Do you want to join a world leader in drug development and environmental science?
Covance by Labcorp are recruiting for an expereinced Quality Specialist for the Shardlow site in Derbyshire.
We are hoping to find someonewho wants to commit to ensuring departments within the environmental science groups are operating in accordance with appropriate GLP/GCP standards and providing a high-quality service. Monitoring performance quality and overseeing training and development.
The main responsibilites will be:
- Monitor the quality of the data produced by each department via metric collation as appropriate
- Review data and the Quality Management Systems to help drive improvements in quality
- Periodically review departmental QC procedures and help to evaluate their effectiveness and robustness to drive consistency of procedures across the relevant departments
- Maintain an overview of the renewal/revision dates for Standard Operating Procedures and review/amend where appropriate in conjunction with operational staff
- Periodically review operational procedures, SOPs and training in departments and identify and help implement changes to prevent errors
- Review CAPA investigations undertaken within the relevant departments and undertake the role of CAPA investigator where required
- Work to GLP regulations as required
- Train staff in GLP regulations and quality standards
- Periodically review training files and personal portfolios to ensure they reflect the level of competency of the individual
- Undertake periodic reviews of the laboratory areas. Discuss findings and prepare a report for the relevant Department Management teams.
- As requested, assist Heads of Department in the preparation for Facility/Sponsor/Regulatory audits and inspections.
- Act as a source of advice for quality queries from any member of staff
- Take a lead role in onboarding new starters and their training and development
- Review skill matrix for departments in environmental sciences
What Covance by Labcorp can offer you:
- A competitive salary together with a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and pension.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities supported by exceptional people from across the globe with an energised purpose.
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects.
- Experience working within a CRO or pharmaceutical company is desirable.
- Previous experience of direct line management is preferred, as the role will involve direct supervision of laboratory personnel on a daily basis.
- The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Have the ability to get things done by influencing others (both internal and external).
- An understanding of health and safety policies, company policies and procedures, and a strong understanding of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Above all, a team player that works well under pressure and can motivate others.
- 1st Degree in relevant scientific subject preferable.