QC Analyst - HPLC
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you a recent science graduate with some laboratory experience looking for your first role in industry?
Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company?
Are you looking for a role with training and career progression opportunities?
Our largest UK site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire is currently recruiting for a QC Analyst to join the Biopharmaceutical Chemistry Manufacturing Controls (CMC) division. The CMC division provides end-to-end analytical solutions and testing services to ensure quality control of our clients manufactured drug products. We work with leading pharmaceutical and biotech clients to ensure that their manufactured drug product or API (Active pharmaceutical Ingredient) passes all quality testing. Once this testing is complete, it brings our clients one-step closer to successfully launching that drug product on the market; helping bring medicine to patients.
The Laboratory Analyst will join the HPLC team in the CMC division and will be responsible for performing analytical testing on either traditional small molecule formulations (e.g. capsules, tablets, inhaled products, liquids etc) or biological drug product formulations (e.g. monoclonal antibodies and protein drug products) to determine shelf life stability, as well as performing batch release testing for commercial products and also clinical trial material.
As the Laboratory Analyst, you will have responsibility to work with Quality Control Scientists/Study Managers to perform a wide range of analytical techniques in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements to deliver client projects. You will work as part of a larger team to ensure that our clients' drug products pass quality control testing in the timeframe allocated. In this division, you will utilize the following analytical techniques:
Finally, you will have responsibility for data processing, report writing, SOP (standard operating procedure) writing as well as working on process improvement projects for the division.
What Covance by Labcorp can offer you:
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage and contributory pension
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects
- Flexible working and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding site
- Scientific degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences etc.)
- OR relevant scientific industry experience
- Some previous analytical experience is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of health and safety policies and of GMP/GLP/GCP
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to integrate well within an established and fast growing team
- The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels and integrate well within an established and fast growing team