- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Cambridge / Edinburgh / Remote in the UK
Salary is negotiable
- Design novel computational approaches using human multi-omics evidence to inform target selection and validation.
- Develop company’s bioinformatics and statistical analysis pipeline to integrate different internal and external genomic, transcriptomic, proteomics, biochemical, imaging, and other datasets.
- Manage deployment of appropriate computational infrastructure to the cloud and/or onto in-house server systems.
- Build in silico knowledgebase of critical targets, signalling pathways, and diseases, using system biology approaches.
- Engage with biology and drug discovery teams, and with external collaborators to support project planning and execution, and provide expert advice and drive innovative use of omics data and analyses.
- PhD in Computational Biology or Bioinformatics; or in Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related discipline, with experience in drug discovery. Demonstrated experience with QC, analysis, and integration of high dimensional data multi-omics datasets (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics) for disease research.
- Proficiency in various statistical methods, prediction models and machine learning algorithms used for solving complex biological and/or medical problems.
- Experience with analysing bulk RNAseq, single cell RNAseq, and spatial transcriptomics
- Excellent working knowledge of common bioinformatics databases (e.g. ENCODE, GTEx, TCGA, Expression Atlas), resources and tools.
- Proficiency in one or more programming language (such as R, Python) as well as in setting up, maintaining and interrogating high-performance databases (e.g. SQL, MongoDB, Neo4J).
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS), with work flow management systems (e.g. Snakemake/CWL), and with interactive data presentation frameworks (e.g. Jupyter Notebooks or R Shiny).
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues internally at all levels across different departments as well as externally.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate complex concepts and computational analyses clearly to influence diverse audiences.
- Experience working on target identification and/or biomarker discovery, preferably in the context of drug development.
- Experience with proteomics datasets, image analysis, and immune repertoire interrogation.
If you are interested in learning more about this role and applying for this opportunity, please click “Apply Now” and submit a copy of your CV. Or contact Tanya Gandhi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Principle Bioinformatian
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly