Assistant Study Scientist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you looking to work in Environmental Science?
Are you a graduate with a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry; Biological Sciences or related discipline, who is looking for a company that provides training and career development?
Are you looking to utilise your knowledge in a role that will give you full training and development?
Covance by Labcorp is a leading contract research organization (CRO) that provides contract research services to the drug, medical device and diagnostics, crop protection and chemical industries.
We strive to improve health and improve lives and strive for operational and service excellence through a relentless focus on People, Process and Clients.
As an Assistant Study Scientist within our Environmental Fate team, you will play an essential part in making this happen. This is working as part of this growing team based in Eye, Suffolk on a full-time permanent basis.
As an Assistant Study Scientist at Covance your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the conduct of environmental fate studies in the laboratory, that are carried out and reported to high scientific standards in compliance to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and HSE regulations. This will include:
- Study set-up and maintenance
- Sample processing (e.g. soil, sediment, natural water)
- Sample analysis (e.g. HPLC)
- An Assistant Study Scientist will use resources, skills and develop effective planning skills to help achieve customer expectations in quality and timing
- In this role you will communicate and work with internal customers as well as attending scientific meetings.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Flexible benefits
- Structured performance development plans to support you with your career progression
Degree level (or equivalent) in Chemistry; Biological Sciences or related discipline
- Have knowledge of a Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and/ or experience in an GLP environmentis advantageous.
- Some knowledge of HPLC and some laboratory experience is preferred.