Clinical Research Physician - NHS Doctors needed!
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Clinical Research Physician
The job specification below shows the breadth of work covered by the Research Physicians and Senior Research Physicians within. The focus of a Research Physician work is expected change with seniority. In general, the specification shown below is presented in a probable chronological order i.e. the focus of work progresses down the specification with seniority.
- Medical Doctor UK Trained
- FY1 & 2 completed
- 2 years post foundation experience
- Motivated to get into industry
Volunteer screening in preparation for clinical trials
- To obtain informed consent from subjects prior to inclusion into a study.
- To perform medical screening on healthy volunteers and patients including medical history taking, physical examination and review of laboratory reports according to the study protocols.
- To collate necessary medical documents and information to make informed decisions about inclusion onto a clinical trial.
- To review all Case Report Forms with regard to inclusion/exclusion of subjects prior to commencement of the study.
Clinical trials procedures
- To be familiar with all current study protocols.
- To discuss protocols in-house and with sponsors and experts.
- To supervise all safety aspects during the studies.
- To maintain knowledge, understanding and practice of general medical practice and to maintain Advanced Life Support skills.
- Evaluate and treat all Adverse Events that arise during studies and prepare safety reports.
- To produce and update case reports for volunteers who experience Serious Adverse Events or other notable Adverse Events.
- To review and analyse safety, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data and present the findings in interim reports.
- To participate in the discussions regarding the impact data in interim/safety reports has on clinical trial progression.
- To contribute to the writing of Study Operations Manuals for upcoming studies and update as appropriate during the conduct of ongoing studies.
- To write Patient Information Leaflets/Informed Consent Forms for planned clinical studies.
- To review study protocols and to participate in the generation of study protocols as required.
- To write relevant sections of Patient Information Leaflets/Informed Consent Forms.
- To review and contribute to the development of Investigator’s Brochures when required.
- To review and implement recommendation from scientific advisory meetings into relevant study documents in preparation for submission.
- To participate in discussions with scientific and other experts in preparation for regulatory submissions.
Reach out to Antonia at Barrington James for more information on the company and position.