Senior Director of Drug Development
- Experience Level
At PRA, we know that our people are our greatest strength, so we work hard to hire the very best. If you join our team, you can expected to be challenged, rewarded and empowered within your role!
We have a dynamic and passionate workforce, a culture that values individuality and innovation and an ongoing commitment to employee growth and development. The result? An engaged and loyal workforce who take pride in the their work within drug development which changes lives of patients around the world.
We are currently seeking a Director of Drug Development to join our industry leading global Therapeutic Expertise group. This is an excellent and rare career opportunity for a seasoned clinical industry professional looking for a role where they can leverage their multi-disciplinary experience within a key and strategic PRA business unit.
The Director of Drug Development is a pivotal role within PRA which facilitates and promotes cross-functional drug development. As PRA is responsible for critical development decisions during the course of our many studies, this role will be key with supporting the study execution teams as the strategic interface and liaison to focus and drive the broader development plan.
Working strategically to provide guidance to the project teams, this role will collaborate with functional area leaders across Clinical, Project Delivery, Regulatory Strategy and Operations, Medical Writing and Quality to ensure that the team has necessary resources and capabilities to execute on the approved development plan. This will include:
- Management of the overall development timelines of the asset (e.g Drug, Product, Molecule, biologic, cell therapy, gene therapy or device);
- Understanding the customer development plan and reconciling this against services provided to ensure alignment across all teams;
- Proactively anticipating the needs of various cross functional departments and engaging with them to keep the development plan on track and on budget;
- Support the study team as needed to facilitate operational excellence.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have demonstrable multi-disciplinary experience gained within a Pharma, CRO or Biotech setting. You will have extensive knowledge of drug development ideally combined with experience in more than one functional area; such as non-clinical development, translational development, regulatory or clinical R&D to assure broad understanding of the pharmaceutical development process.
We are also seeking the following attributes
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to navigate complex projects and work under pressure;
- A results and delivery focused approach;
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and negotiations.
PRA Health Sciences is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome and celebrate diversity in the work place and we strive to ensure that all employees feel safe, connected and secure in their working environment.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- Clinical Development £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- Drug Safety £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- HR / Recruitment / Training £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe
- Medical Education £100,000 or more Full Time Permanent jobs in Europe