2 x Senior Research Scientist - Biotech
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Breast Cancer
- Full or Part time
Our client is developing a novel blood screening test to improve the early diagnosis and monitoring of breast cancer that is safe, cost effective, accurate and available to all women regardless of age, race and geographic location. The implications of such a technology could revolutionise the way we prevent and manage breast cancer.
Reporting to the Chief Scientist, you will work with the team to develop and enhance this exciting and emerging lipidomic diagnostic technology. You will bring expertise in mass spectrometry and/or skills in lipidomics and/or proteomics and glycomics. They seek expertise in some, or all the following.
- Analysis utlising liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Expertise in cell biology and molecular biology.
- Experienced in the purification and characterisation of lipidomics.
- Extractions of lipids and proteins from human blood/ serum samples preferable.
- Report writing and data analysis, manuscript, and grant writing.
- Incorporation of novel approaches to scientific study.
- Provide scientific support and assistance for all aspects of the company's scientific plan.
- Research, source and identify scientific solutions for the company's development plan.
- A PhD in Biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology, chemistry or similar.
- Hands on research experience in mass spectrometry and/or extracellular vesicles/ lipidomics.
- A background in lipidomics, lipid chemistry and chromatography preferred.
- Thermo Fisher MS Orbitrap Fusion Lumos and QQQ an advantage.
- Experienced in proteomics, biochemistry, and all types of MS models preferable.
- Statistical and data analysis experience -e.g., LipidSearch.
- Experience in project management, strategy development and scientific research.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and record-keeping skills, are essential.
- Programming skills, R studio, python, Perseus, Prism and data modelling are highly desirable.
- Experience with extracellular vesicles isolation and characterisation are advantageous.
- Previous experience in clinical trials and a biotech company highly regarded.
Two positions are available. One will be a Research Scientist and the other a Senior Research Scientist. Level to be determined by experience. You must reside in and hold full working rights in Australia.
To join our client in this exciting opportunity please email your cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Confidential enquiries to Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC.
mexec delivers executive recruitment solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and broader technology industries. mexec comprises of highly talented and knowledgeable industry experienced Consultants that partner with leading organisations to grow their leadership teams.
We recruit at all levels including senior management, and we are currently recruiting for a variety of opportunities in the area of Sales & Marketing, Management, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Operations. Contact us today.