Snr EDC Technology Specialist
- Experience Level
Snr EDC Technology Specialist
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, EDC? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients - transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we're driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it. You're trusted to explore and to find new solutions, experimenting with leading-edge technology and grappling with challenges in a modern technology environment that might never have been tackled before. It's a dynamic and challenging environment to work in - but that's why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate key discussions with various stakeholders as requested by system owner/platform lead and provide SME technical support on integrations/projects, data extraction from Rave to downstream tools.
- Perform impact analysis for any change that happens on the EDC system
- Work with business and perform risk assessment during change implementations/upgrades
- Oversea the Validation lifecycle for upgrades, changes, & new integrations
- Lead the creation validation packages in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide support of code review and solutions for downstream customer requirements, including data extraction methods (SQL, Webservices, APIs)
- Gatekeeper in protecting privacy of patients, and blinding of study data
- Actively participate in business meetings and bring new ideas to the table
- Extensive experience RAVE UI (Or other suitable platforms)
- Study build and conduct as Data Manager End User
- Understanding about different roles use of Rave
- Understanding on core configuration changes
- Knowledge on RAVE custom reports and custom scripts
- Understanding of data extraction capabilities
- Understanding on URL upgrades (Medidata release updates)
- Knowledge on system validation process / Application Life Cycle Management
- Must have strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must have positive attitude and should be ready to learn new things
- Responsible to work on tasks to maintain RAVE AZ URLs
- Adhere to AZ core ITIL guidelines and perform tasks as incident, change, problem etc.
- Hands on Experience of Rave backend data model, sql script writing, stored procedures
- Hands on Experience of Configurable datasets, Rave WebServices, ODM Adapter, Biostats Adapter
- Knowledge on Rave safety gateway (RSG)
- Knowledge on IRT (IVRS and IWRS) concepts
- Knowledge on Target Source Data Verification (TSDV)
- Hands-on knowledge in tools like HP ALM
- Hands-on experience in performing system testing
- Experience with automation and robotic processing
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Clinical Development would be a significant advantage
WHY JOIN US?
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We're not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT'S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we'd love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 03/06/2021
Close Date: 03/07/2021