- Experience Level
An excellent opportunity has opened for a Sourcing Manager to join a world-wide pharmaceutical organisation focused on the research and development of novel medicines and marketing them once they have been developed. This position will provide day-to-day indirect procurement sourcing activities and business-led buying activities ensuring maximum possible Global Procurement impact.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- To perform operational sourcing activities by executing operational sourcing requests within the region or large site ensuring a focus on efficiency and the quality of customer service.
- Collaborate with the requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
- Accountable for maintaining strong information flows back to the global Category team for opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage.
- Understand end user requirements and leverage the applicable category buying guides and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the requirement.
- Support the creation and review of relevant purchasing documents and communicate the status, progress, and outcomes of sourcing activities.
- Application of the sourcing process (RFIs, RFQs, RFPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based or regional Procurement as required.
- Ensure that Procurement operational targets and metrics on customer service are delivered - track and monitor these metrics where required.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Requires a University degree, with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site.
- Previous experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Operational procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Competence or fluency in other sub-region languages is strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge of the clinical trials process.
- Professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS, ISM) or Finance related licenses or certifications is admirable.
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools is admirable.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Sourcing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly