Scientist IV, Cell Engineering
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s (OXB) Cell Engineering Group (CEG) is part of the Platform Research Department and its primary function is to develop stable cell lines, which will ultimately be used for the production of lentiviral vectors (LVs). CEG is seeking to recruit an experienced scientist to join the team, who will be required to plan, execute and report experiments as well as supporting other members of the team as needed. The successful candidate will have skills and experience with mammalian tissue culture, cell line development and molecular biology. Experience with LV production, lab automation, gene-editing techniques or bioinformatics would be an added advantage.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Involvement in Cell Engineering project activities, which may include plasmid development, cell line development, LV production and gene editing techniques.
- Design and conduct experiments /investigations in accordance with correct methodologies and procedures under the direction of Principal/Senior Scientists.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations to ensure that information is captured clearly and timely.
- Analyse and interpret data for documenting and reporting at internal meetings, client meetings and external venues such as conferences.
- Prepare written reports to a high standard.
- Conduct research and technical support of the highest quality in line with role specific activities.
- Share scientific knowledge through regular team/department meetings and presentations
- May be responsible for maintenance of a laboratory area and/or important equipment.
- Personally responsible for the completion of tasks in relation to their criticality.
- Contribute to the efficient and safe operation of the laboratory.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in an applicable Bioscience with an appropriate level of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of general cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Demonstrated experience with mammalian tissue culture; experience with suspension cells would be an advantage.
- It would be an advantage to have demonstrated experience or knowledge any of the following areas; LV production, ddPCR, qPCR, flow cytometry, plasmid cloning and other molecular biology techniques, western blot, NGS platforms, gene-editing techniques and bioinformatic analysis.
- Knowledge or previous experience in Virology and Gene Therapy would be an advantage.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please