Head of Pre-Clinical Development
- Experience Level
Do you want to drive novel discoveries and advancements to drug development within the field of oncology?
Are you an experienced scientist with demonstrable experience in leading and growing teams of highly intelligent individuals?
If you’re looking to transition into a dynamic and fast-paced biotech environment, where you can lead the pre-clinical development department, please read further.
- Devise non-clinical and translational strategies for the company’s pre-clinical development plans
- Develop, train, educate and grow the team within the pre-clinical development department
- Manage the overall company R&D strategy as part of the senior leadership team
- Evaluate the scientific field in order to identify in-licensing opportunities
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally to develop a high impact working department
- Act as the internal and external scientific expert with regards to the pre-clinical therapeutic approach
- PhD or MD
- >5 years of management experience (>6 individuals ideally with international experience)
- >10 years scientific experience from an industry perspective (Pharmaceutical or Biotech)
- Extensive experience in pre-clinical drug development
- Experience operating with GLP, toxicology, pre-clinical in vivo, in vitro pharmacology, pre-clinical safety, translational science and biomarker development teams.
- Expertise within antibody therapy
- Experience within oncology, Immuno-oncology or Haematology therapeutic arenas.
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Private Healthcare
- Clear internal promotion pathway
- Remote working flexibility
- Opportunity to travel the world
- Strategic oversight on multiple clinical programs
Following your application Adam Bloomfield, a specialist Pharmaceutical Recruiter with over 3 years’ experience recruiting in the field will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. He will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the industry and the potential for your career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities, which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please click ‘apply’ or contact Adam Bloomfield for any further information.
Adam J. Bloomfield
Principal Consultant - EMEA
Email: abloomfield (at) barringtonjames.com