Director, PK/PD Modelling and Simulation Group Head
- Experience Level
If you’re looking for the chance to take the next step in your career – and you happen to be a highly experienced Scientist – then your search can end here! Our client is a world-renowned organisation with a reputation for excellence. As the medical research and pharmaceutical product development arm of an even bigger organisation, they’re committed to treating, stopping, curing and preventing the most complex diseases, including COVID-19. And with such an exciting mission (and the clout of a large parent organisation funding their ground-breaking work), comes an exciting opportunity. Join them as their Scientific Director, and you will lead their discovery PK/PD modelling and simulation team through the most ambitious studies – and in the process, you’ll put your career on a dynamic trajectory.
On the surface of this challenging Scientific Director role is the fact that you will have the autonomy to build your own team of modellers in order to drive the most visionary preclinical Pharmacokinetic/ Pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) strategies and human dose prediction. From early discovery to First in Human studies, you’ll maintain oversight of every aspect of the team’s work, determining key issues in the early development stages and putting the measures in place to tackle these. Establishing yourself as a thought leader in the sector, you’ll be encouraged to identify opportunities with partners, thereby exploring the most innovative DMPK strategies and technologies. Working in partnership with other discovery and development colleagues, you’ll guide in vitro ADME and design in vivo PK/PD studies, and you’ll take the lead in predicting PK profiles and establishing correct starting doses. This is a role with the scope to save and enhance lives, and (importantly) you’ll find an incredibly rewarding opportunity. With your work being supported by an organisation that happens to have a reputation for being a really supportive employer, you’ll be putting your career in the safest of hands.
To thrive as the Scientific Director of innovative studies, you will:
- Have significant experience in DMPK and drug discovery, with a focus on modelling and simulation.
- Be educated to PhD level with a minimum of 10 years industry experience.
- Be capable of using software such as NONMEM, R, Phoenix WinNonlin and Gastroplus.
- Be a genuinely inspirational people manager with fantastic communication skills. Let’s be honest here, you’ll be engaging with key opinion leaders, so you’ll know how to establish yourself as a sector expert and inspire your team to do great things with their skills.
- Be well-published! You’ll need a comprehensive publication list outlining your work in the DMPK field.
- Be ultra-organised. Which shouldn’t be surprising, as this is a role with the scope to transform patients’ health…
Apply for Director, PK/PD Modelling and Simulation Group Head
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly