Principal Solutions Consultant - Clinical Operations/CTMS
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
EMEA Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU)
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100— in more than 145 countries around the globe. We are now looking for talented individuals within the Health Sciences arena to join our successful business and further contribute to our industry vision.
The Health Sciences Global Business Unit is a self-contained business unit within Oracle that focuses entirely on the provision of software and services to the Life Sciences and Healthcare vertical markets.
This is an opportunity to join a small but very fast growing part of Oracle, in an Industry which is undergoing profound change. Working within the HSGBU offers a high degree of personal autonomy, and requires excellent self-organisation and self-motivation skills.
This role will entail travel across EMEA region, we can hire in any of the following countries: Ireland, UK, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Poland
- Act as the subject matter expert in the Clinical Operations sector of the Life Sciences industry set with specific focus initially, on the HSGBU Clinical Operations Solutions (specifically Study Start Up (SSU), Siebel CTMS, Clinical Development Analytics, ClearTrial)
- Work with senior customer staff, from business, industry and IT perspective, to understand & extend their needs and subsequently to define the solution and high level blueprint to meet these requirements.
- Work with HSGBU Sales Reps to help progress the sales cycle by explaining product functionality and tying this to business value, by answering questions responding to concerns and removing objections.
- Generate up-sell opportunities to develop customer's business by deploying Oracle Clinical Operations products
- Develop innovative Value Propositions for and work in partnership with Sales in order to maximise the generation of license sales revenue in Oracle’s HSGBU solutions
- Engage in designated opportunities by applying Life Sciences industry insight and R&D market & product knowledge to opportunities.
- Configure Oracle’s Life Science demonstration environment so it continues to demonstrate maximum value to potential customers.
- Design and deliver customer demonstrations/presentations to articulate, update and evangelize Oracle solutions in Life Sciences (specifically Study Start Up (SSU), Siebel CTMS, Clinical Development Analytics, ClearTrial)
- Develop Life Science Applications expertise and exposure - presenting at and attending relevant events
- Successfully create, present and deliver meetings/presentations/seminars and events as required
- Run seminars and workshops for Partner organisations as required
- Customer needs analysis
- Life Sciences and Clinical Trials Operations industry knowledge is essential
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience gained in the development of Clinical Studies including: Planning, Study Start Up, Budgeting, Outsourcing and Execution. Experience in the running of Clinical Trials including managing investigator and site contacts, the site selection process, managing site payments, managing and monitoring site performance and the analysis of operational data to enable early identification of risks, trends and issues.
- The ideal candidate will ideally have experience in some of the following: Study Start Up (aka goBalto), ClearTrial, Siebel CTMS, Clinical Development Analytics, Oracle Analytics.
- Knowledge around regulatory requirements, a good understanding of ICH GCP and requirements around Risk Based Monitoring and Transcelerate initiatives,
- Understanding of AI/ML in the context of Clinical Operations reporting would be an advantage
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Sales process acumen and customer relationship experience would be an advantage
- Solution demonstration and presentation experience would be an advantage
- Experience working within ‘virtual’ teams, often across geographies and cultures
- Proven Communication skills (in English - a second European language would be an advantage)
- Ability to travel across EMEA region is essential
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Pre Sales
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Other Locations: SI-Slovenia, CZ-Czech Republic, NL-Netherlands, HU-Hungary, PT-Portugal, ES-Spain, BE-Belgium, PL-Poland
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
CTMS, Clinical Operations, Clinical Research, Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Services, Clinical Trials Manager, Clinical Trials Administrator, Sales/Commercial, Product Management Consultant