Therapeutic Strategy Lead - Oncology
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
The Therapeutic Strategy Lead creates effective delivery strategies that are tailored to meet the needs of customers in the RFP/Bid Defense cycle.
Liaises between sales, medical, and operational teams to ensure that project delivery teams understand the project strategy that was sold and execute to the best of their ability. Supports sales teams throughout the Business Development process to ensure the success of work sold; and optimizes/innovates existing delivery strategies.
· Actively collaborate with Sales, Medical, Operations, and other functions and provide guidance to ensure tailor-made strategies to project or programs that differentiate IQVIA from the competition resulting in compelling, feasible proposals and continuously drive business growth.
· Scan the therapeutic and operational landscape and take account of wider impacts to develop long term implementation strategies that maximize opportunities to add value.
· Maintain an understanding of current and future market trends that may impact current and/or future innovative operational delivery strategies.
· Act as champion for project centricity within the organization through enabling the project delivery team assigned to an awarded project to understand and implement the project strategy that was sold. This may include the definition and communication of the project team profile and organizational structure that will enable operational managers to identify and assign team members that can meet the customer’s needs and successfully secure the project award.
· Drive the team to leverage and consolidate all available data to build the project strategy. Balance use of external research and data with IQVIA’s internal data sources.
· Guide and mentor assigned Project Leader so that they can confidently present the project strategy to the client and the internal stakeholders.
· Actively support Sales in the preparation and conduct of customer and bid defense meetings e.g. training and preparation of the assigned project team.
· Attend and present at customer meeting, or bid defense meeting, as required
· Identify any quality issues within the study and provide coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective and preventative action plans and escalation.
· Ensure project/program budget(s) meet financial and company goals, including Gross New Business.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Deep and current knowledge of the scientific, clinical, real world, regulatory, operational, commercial and competitive landscape in applicable therapeutic area
· Strong global knowledge and awareness/understanding of the biopharma industry, drug development lifecycle and operational clinical trial delivery
· In-depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; e.g. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
· Strong business acumen including confidence with financial considerations, excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and comfort working in both sales and operational environments
· Strong customer management skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, negotiate solutions and understand impacts on the overall program/portfolio
· Strong leadership skills, ability to lead a virtual team in a matrix organization
· Ability to work strategically to realize organizational and project goals, identifying and developing positive and compelling visions for the successful delivery of projects and taking account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the projects and the organization
· Strong presentation skills
· Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language (both written and spoken)
· Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
· Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in life sciences and 12 years relevant global clinical research experience, including hands on operational delivery and/or drug development experience in the applicable therapeutic area.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.