Senior Medical Manager Oncology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
At Astellas through focusing our science and expertise, we are pioneering at pace Instead of starting with a narrow focus on one therapy area, we approach drug discovery, research, and development, initially from multiple perspectives:
-How the human body works
-How diseases form and impact the human body
-How innovative technology and methods of treatment can deliver the best outcomes for patients
We apply this focus to disease areas where the need is great, but where there is currently a lack of treatments that matter. Taking away the constraint of focusing only on specific therapeutic areas allows our scientists to explore and pioneer new approaches and accelerate discovery.
Our ambition is to discover solutions that unlock breakthroughs across a range of conditions.
About This Job:
As Senior Medical Manager you will be responsible for the implementation of the medical strategy (Core Medical Plan) in the designated therapeutic area at the affiliate level by coordinating and executing medical/scientific activities to:
- understand the local external environment and data gaps;
- translate insights into strategies and activities and;
- ensure the information needs of key stakeholders are fulfilled to help ensure the safe and appropriate use of Astellas products.
Specifically, you will:
• Provide strategic medical and scientific expertise in support of all affiliate Medical Affairs deliverables and cross-functional activities
• Demonstrate matrix leadership by developing and maintaining integrated partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure all MA affiliate activities address local needs and advance the medical/scientific understanding of Astellas products across their lifecycle
• Responsible for understanding and engage external stakeholders to advance the understanding of and science behind compounds in development, the safe and effective use of Astellas products, and disease states that they treat.
• Responsible for engaging and working closely with key internal stakeholders, including the brand teams across the affiliate to achieve business objectives for the affiliate.
• Ensures all affiliate MA activities deliver value and are based on scientific validity, clinical importance, and on time & budget
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Solid Pharmaceutical as a Medical Advisor or Medical Manager in Oncology (solid tumour); experience with biomarkers
- Doctoral degree (MD or PharmD) – Final Signatory needed
- Strong experience in Pharma and Medical Affairs
- Strong understanding and knowledge of industry laws and regulations.
- Experienced in managing complex projects and effectively act independently e.g. AdBoards, Publications, Symposia).
- Demonstration of ability to effectively interact in a matrix organization with matrix reporting lines.
- Proactive strategic partnering with different internal functions e.g. Commercial, Market Access, HEOR.
- Excellent presentation skills and advanced written and verbal business English.
- Foundational understanding of the drug development process as well as commercialization.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Contributing to / supporting onboarding and development activities for colleagues e.g. acting as a buddy, mentor, or coach.
- Demonstration of delegated responsibilities successfully completed e.g. acting as a back-up for a Therapy Area Lead at key internal or external meetings.
- Minimum Master in Pharmaceutical Industry or Health Science.
- Substantial proven experience in Medical Affairs
- Health Economics Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Advanced level of English
• Full time
• Location: United Kingdom or Ireland