3 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Diagnostics Manager - Oncology
Region: Scotland, North West, Northern Ireland and West Midlands
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 17th June 2021
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Medical Diagnostics? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology sector in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Please note we are looking for someone based in the Scotland, North West, Northern Ireland and West Midlands region, or with the ability to commute there on a regular basis.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us!
It has been agreed that our AstraZeneca UK Commercial head office will move from Luton to Pancras Square, London in early 2022.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country's leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK's healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
Change the way cancer is treated by making an impact at every point in the patient journey. We are thinking and acting faster than anyone to ensure the data we're producing helps physicians care for patients better. To ultimately deliver clinical promises to the real world, improve patient outcomes and their quality of life.
Join our globally-renowned Oncology area, which is leading the rapid business growth of our enterprise and ever-evolving industry. It's an exciting time to join as we work towards our big ambitions with entrepreneurial thinking and innovation. It's up to us to find solutions and act fast to make them happen.
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on the disease areas of: breast, ovarian, lung, gastrointestinal, genitourinary and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
What you'll do
As the Diagnostics Manager, you will use your diagnostic and clinical testing market experience to make an impact within a large, global pharmaceutical company. This is an exciting field-based role with great scope to be entrepreneurial, to drive AstraZeneca's class-leading oncology portfolio and ultimately bring significant value to patients and HCPs.
You will ensure the availability and timely implementation of high quality testing solutions to enable optimal treatment for patients. An important element of this role is to work collaboratively with the regional commercial and medical teams, creating and executing tactical plans with a good understanding of clinical and operational issues that affect the testing pathway.
Key Responsibilities include
- Identify and develop relationships within the oncology ecosystem, with a focus on testing: pathologists (including molecular pathologists), laboratory heads, CCGs, oncologists, surgeons, interventional radiologists and cancer nurse specialists
- Identify and overcome barriers to effective patient identification through partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks, policy makers and Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
- Support the development of dissemination of appropriate educational information on testing and diagnostics to relevant customer groups
Essential skills and experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Significant experience in diagnostic market and clinical testing market; preferably Oncology experience
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Advanced degree in life sciences
- Proven experience with a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on FacebookFollow AstraZeneca on Instagram