Electrophysiologist Study Director
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you a postdoctoral candidate looking for industry experience?
Do you have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail?
Covance by Labcorp is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
It's an exciting time to join our growing Pharmacology Department in Alconbury, Cambridgeshire. We are looking for an experienced in-vitro patch-clamp electrophysiologist to join this busy, expanding team.
As an Electrophysiologist your main responsibilities will be to:
- Perform and report established in vitro cellular patch-clamp assays (hERG, hNaV1.5 and hCaV1.2), ensuring the delivery of high quality data within agreed timelines to meet customer expectations
- Perform studies according to the study plan, Standard Operating Procedure(s) (SOP), the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Contribute to setting up and validating new equipment/software and assays as needed
- Maintain cell lines and prepare cells for patch-clamp recording
What Covance by Labcorp can offer you:
- A competitive salary together with a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and pension
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities supported by exceptional people from across the globe with an energized purpose
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects
- Relocation package (subject to criteria)
If you are looking to work within a supportive team, where there are real opportunities to learn, develop and progress then we would like to hear from you!
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology or other ion channel related field
- Proficiency in cell culture techniques and manual patch-clamp
- A strong sense of team work and customer service
- Excellent attention to detail with great accuracy