AI Engineering Team Lead (NLP)
2 days left
- Experience Level
At AstraZeneca, we follow the science, turning ideas into life-changing medicines.
Part of AstraZeneca IT, Science and Enabling Units IT is building a best-in-class organization at the forefront of the digital revolution in healthcare and enabling breakthrough drug discovery. We're also applying technologies such as AI, machine learning, software and data engineering and analytics to provide business-critical insights.
What you´ll do
We are looking for a AI Engineering Team Lead (Natural Language Processing) to tackle some of the most challenging problems in natural language processing and large scale search applications. You will help create intelligent applications powered by knowledge graphs, embeddings and machine learning. You will be part of a close-knit and deeply technical team of data scientists, machine learning and knowledge engineers, creating tools that will advance the standard of healthcare improving the lives of millions of patients across the globe. Your work will advance our ontologies and natural language understanding tooling to capture vast quantities of biological, medical, chemical, and pharmacological knowledge.
The ideal candidate will possess a blend of computational science skills, leadership skills and successful experience building quality applications related to NLP and machine learning in a scientific environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage machine learning, engineering and NLP platform team
- Devise strategy around NLP tooling, pipeline and templated analytics
- Apply latest algorithms and methods to relevant business problems
- Researching, understanding & teaching of fine-tuning language models
- Develop rich vocabularies, ontologies and entity normalisation methodologies
- Help in design and creation of highly accurate, reusable language models for our AZ knowledge graph
- Help democratize AI by allowing other teams to access and leverage advanced natural language pipelines and libraries to answer research questions
- Masters / PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field with 2+ years of experience specialising in natural language processing or deep learning
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Strong coding and software engineering skills such as Python, Java
- Experience in using unsupervised and supervised methods over unstructured data: especially with search, text analytics and NLP
- Deep technical skills in knowledge representation, reasoning, graphs, natural language processing, data integration or artificial intelligence
- Experience building large scale data processing pipelines
- Working knowledge of cloud environment (AWS preferred), Hadoop/Spark, SQL
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques to a non-technical audience
- Influencing and innovation skills
- Ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional teams
- Good communication, written and verbal skills, fluent English
Are you passionate about using your leadership skills and IT expertise to unlock the potential of science? Come and thrive in our culture of excellence, engagement and development - and make a positive difference to patient outcomes!
Competitive salary and benefit package
Job post opening: 2021-05-26
Job post ending: 2021-06-16