Team Manager - Archives
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you an experienced People Manager with the ability to lead a team within a large, global organization?
Do you have previous experience working in Archives or similar?
Do you want to be part of an organization that makes a difference to human lives?
If you answered YES, then come and join our Archives team at Covance by Labcorp.
Based at our offices in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, you will be responsible for leading a small team, whilst supporting the Head of Department.
Our Archives team ischarged to provide an internal and external customer focussed revenue generating service that complies with GxP requirements for the retention of raw data and their subsequent disposal or return to customer.
As an Archives Manager at Covance by Labcorp you main responsibilities will be to:
- Assure harmonised working practices and procedures across Huntingdon, Eye & Shardlow sites in partnership with othjer Archives Managers
- Participate in development and implementation of Archives strategic plans
- Work in partnership with Managers of Archives to identify additional revenue lines
- Producing data and metrics to inform and support the overall management of the Archives
- Ensuring customer expectations of 'Archive Services' are maintained and developed
- Conduct revenue generation work
- Manage and plan resource allocation for Huntingdon Archives - staff workloads
- Set priorities and deadlines for work completion and assure satisfactory status of work in progress
- Assist in Sponsor, Regulatory and Internal audits, and action corrective/remediation of any compliance issues
- Oversee direct reports, development and training
- Hold a grant authority for budgetary expenses
- Draft and review SOPs
- Conduct team briefings
- Drive local Continuous Improvement, efficiency and quality improvement initiatives
- Authorise Direct Reports leave of absence
- Prepare and conduct Direct Reports appraisals and performance evaluations
- Participate in Archives staff recruitment and selection activities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Archives qualifications (desirable)
- Previous experience managing a team and conduction appraisals
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to coach and lead team members