Associate Safety Project Manager
- Experience Level
As an Associate Safety Project Manager you will be responsible for management and service delivery excellence of a range of medium to large sized regional and global projects, covering single or multiple Lifecycle Safety functions (clinical trial and / or post-market). You will provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing activities and oversight of operational service delivery, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating delivery into one seamless and transparent program for customers. You will collaborate with global management team and integrated partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives and solutions to expand business, partnership, strengthen overall relationship and ensure global consistency.
• Manage customer interface and communication for assigned projects and programs. Serve as primary point of contact within Lifecycle Safety for all internal and external customers.
• Manage customer deliverables for assigned projects/programs, being responsible for tactical, day-to-day customer-facing leadership at project/program level. Responsibilities include project planning (timelines, deliverables), scope management, quality management and project financial management.
• Act as an account owner over a program or customer portfolio and therefore report program/portfolio level metrics.
• Perform role of solution architect responsible for crafting and defending proposed solutions to new standalone Safety business opportunities.
• Act autonomously as the Safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) and single point of contact for Governance, Executives and Integrated Partners.
• Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing collateral and operational support to deliver key customer messages, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating lifecycle safety core message delivery into customer facing material, presentations and meetings.
• Provide leadership and structure for customer service interface from scoping stage, through proposal generation, bid defense to transition of work and service delivery; and throughout the development and commercial life cycle of the product.
• Manage finances for assigned projects/programs.
• Ensure financial project performance through oversight of key performance metrics (i.e revenue, direct costs, time-sheet costs, contribution margin).
• Work with sales and proposals to ensure rapid, seamless, tailored responses to opportunities.
• Actively participate at meetings with internal & external stakeholders. Provide project status updates, define processes, project/planning strategy.
• Manage start-up of new projects using standard operating procedures and best practices, including identifying potential risks during project initiation and implementing mitigation measures to ensure seamless delivery at maintenance stage.
• Provide leadership for Lifecycle Safety virtual project teams.
• Participate in sales activities, and sales presentations (capabilities, bid defenses) and proposal development (strategy, costs and text).
• Bachelor's Degree Health science or other directly related field
• Around 3 to 5 years' clinical research experience in a Contract Research Organization or Pharmaceutical company including at least 3 years of Lifecycle Safety experience (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management, etc.) and 2 years’ of Project Management.
• Strong knowledge of applicable global, regional and local clinical research regulatory requirements.
• Working knowledge of Lifecycle Safety service lines.
• Effective team management, leadership skills and conflict management.
• Strong project management; planning and organizational skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including ability to network and lead teleconferences.
• Effective collaborative, organizational and delegation skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
• Effective business focus, marketing, sales skills.
• Proven strong presentation; report writing skills and customer focus skills.
• Ability to achieve results through communication, facilitation, negotiations in a matrix service delivery environment with shared accountabilities.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.