Statistical Programming Manager (Home-Based, Europe)
- Experience Level
Manage a team of Statistical Programming (SP) staff, including hiring, training, and supervising department members. Develop, recommend, and implement standard procedures, measures of performance, and training programs. Organize and allocate resources according to multi-project requirements and deadlines. Serve as lead statistical programmer on projects.
• Technical responsibilities:
i) Serve as a Stat Programming consultant for other members of the department and staff members from other Biostatistics departments within the company.
ii) Maintain knowledge and awareness of developments in statistical programming.
iii) May participate as high level lead Stat Programmer on major project(s).
iv) Provide advanced technical expertise for internal and external clients.
v) Independently bring project solutions to SP teams and the Statistical Programming department.
vi) Provide expert review of process and methodology development work with regard to SP standards and validation procedures.
• Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resource matters.
• Participate in project meetings; keep up-to-date on project issues; keep Director informed of project issues.
• Coordinate and participate in process improvements and interoffice/interdepartmental task forces; oversee collection and reporting of Stat Programming metrics, implementation of revised work practices, new guidelines, and new software tools as they become available.
• Effectively recommend resource allocation at the site level so as to achieve target utilization rates and project realization rates.
• Assist in the following: (i) sales meetings as required; (ii) overseeing proposal preparation; (iii) ensuring that all proposals bid by the department have an adequate budget, and sufficiently detailed set of budget assumptions.
• Master's Degree Computer science or related field and 5 years relevant experience including 1 year in a leadership capacity Req Or
• Bachelor's Degree Computer science or related field and 6 years relevant experience including 1 year in a leadership capacity Req
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience in lieu of degree Req
• Advanced knowledge of SAS and technical database skills
• Knowledge of statistics and/or the clinical drug development process
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with good interpersonal skills
• Very good problem solving skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Sound judgment/decision making
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to effectively delegate work
• Ability to effectively motivate other staff members
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.