Full Stack Developer / Engineer
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Job Title: Full Stack Developer/Engineer (Data & Analytics, OMICS)
Competitive salary and benefits
AstraZeneca is a the place where innovation meets large-scale impact. Here we are putting data at the heart of our processes at AstraZeneca. We work on everything from building data solutions, modelling and structuring, to exploring and innovating with data.
We work in synergy with leading experts in our specialist communities, using our diverse experiences to expand our knowledge and access game-changing data. From the launch of our medicines to manufacturing them.
We aspire to break down boundaries, working cross-functionally better than ever before. One day working along the whole development cycle from molecules to delivery, the next supporting HR processes or engaging with Healthcare professionals.
Sound interesting, then this might be the role for you!
AstraZeneca is currently looking for a Data and Analytics Software Engineer to join our Omics Platform Team at our Cambridge, UK office.
You'll be working with cutting-edge technology. This marriage between our purposeful work and the use of high-tech platforms is what sets us apart. Lead the way in digital healthcare - from exploring data and AI, to working in the cloud on new technologies. Join a team at the forefront. Help shape and define the technologies of the future, with the backing you need from across the business.
Essential requirements for the role:-
- Experience with visualization and front-end development (e.g. React, Python dash, R-shiny).
- Experience with and knowledge in AWS Cloud services: AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, AWS IAM, AWS Batch, AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Aurora, AWS Redshift
- Experience with and knowledge in Infrastructure as a Code: Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Cloud Formation Template (CFT), Terraform
- Experience with Python programming language
- Experience in DevOps, using continuous integration, continuous development and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience and familiarity with Information Architecture models and artefacts.
- Experience of delivering D&A Solutions within IT projects delivered through Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in Test Driven Development, Unit testing, Integration Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following Leadership Skills
- Business Leadership - ability to partner and collaborate across both IT and Science teams to inform on the best Information Architecture.
- Influencing and innovation skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.
Desirable requirements for the role:-
- Experience of working with a range of BI & analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, Distributed computing (Hadoop), NoSQL, virtualization, data streaming, container technology (Docker) etc.
- Experience of working with data scientists and their methods: understanding of how data needs to be prepared for use by data scientists.
- Domain knowledge (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics) preferred.
- Experience in building and maintaining systems on Kubernetes.
- Experience with and knowledge in a broader base of open source distributed computing tools: Apache Spark, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Cassandra, Apache Solr, Apache Mesos, Clickhouse.
We've been busy building and developing our technology which is now enabling our transformation to become a digital and data-led enterprise. There's never been a better time to join us as we bring our digital strategy to life. There's a huge opportunity to develop, explore and thrive during our next chapter.
Open Date: 19/05/2021
Close Date: 18/06/2021
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you. Apply today!