MSAT Scientist - Downstream Process Development
6 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a MS&T Scientist Process Development (Downstream) for an exciting permanent position at a Biotech organisation in London. Our client is determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- You will be responsible to develop downstream unit operations for the recovery and purification of AAV, including but not limited to chromatography, filtration and TFF.
- To build continuous understanding and knowledge of unit operations, to ensure process reproducibility and robustness.
- Scale up and tech transfer lab scale unit operations to in-house GMP production facility.
- You will support Manufacturing operations with implementing new processes and troubleshooting activities.
- Drive innovation and challenge conventional assumptions to ensure the organisation stays on the leading edge of manufacturing science and technology, such as the use new process technologies, high throughput development tools, statistical and mechanistic process modelling and DoE tools.
- You are to use appropriate process analytical tools to generate comprehensive and structured data, improve process understanding and identify optimisation opportunities.
- Prioritises and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates good presentation skills; participates effectively in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- PhD or EngD degree in a relevant Bioprocess/Biochemical/Process Engineering/Biochemistry field and 0-1-year biotech industry experience in process development and process scale up.
- MS degree in Bioprocess/Biochemical/Process Engineering or Biochemistry or equivalent and at least 1 year of biotech industry experience in process development and process scale up.
- BS degree in Bioprocess/Biochemical/Process Engineering or Biochemistry or equivalent and at least 2 years of biotech industry experience in process development and process scale up.
- Knowledge of biotechnology processes/concepts/techniques and engineering principles.
- Experienced in evaluating and implementing new technologies/techniques.
- Experience with statistical tools for monitoring process performance and analysis is desired.
- Knowledge of CGMP requirements in a regulated environment is desired.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for MSAT Scientist - Downstream Process Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly