CRM Developer (Salesforce Certified)
2 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
CRM Developer (Salesforce Certified)
Exciting opportunity to work for our International pharmaceutical client, who is looking for an experienced
CRM System Development Specialist, who will be the internal SME for CRM and will provide effective day to day administration of the CRM solution with responsibilities such as data loading, territory management, report compilation, user access management and incident management in addition to being responsible for the ongoing development and configuration of the solution.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Maintain user access to systems - adding/deleting/changing users, setting up security and role hierarchy.
* Day to day administration and maintenance of the CRM system ensuring data quality including but not limited to the preparation of load-files reflecting ratings, POAs, territory alignments etc.
* Escalate issues to System Specialist Manager and Business Solutions Director where required.
* Update the business and users of any new solution features via upcoming release notifications (intranet, departmental news etc.).
* Design, export and analyse monthly reports.
* Develop, maintain and distribute system user guides and quick reference cards.
* Monitor provider service reporting and input into service review meetings to ensure continual improvement and service stability.
* Provide end user training as required.
* Participate in requirements gathering efforts for CRM via business review meetings, cycle meetings, business unit meetings and team meetings.
* Support facilitation of system development request processes, analyse business need and benefit for any change request received. Attend change planning, scoping and prioritisation meetings. Adopt an agile delivery methodology and maintain the shared development roadmap in a clear and prioritised manner with timeline expectations while ensuring that it is continually aligned to the strategic goals of the business.
* In house system configuration - Regularly analyse system as-is and to-be workflows and functionality to define and build new requirements.
* In house system configuration - Provide ongoing support to Business Units and the affiliate network on any application changes such as adding custom fields, changing screen layouts, changing field level security, adding workflow rules, feature setup and activation.
* Perform user acceptance testing and ensure the test results meet the business objectives and that system integrity is maintained.
* Ensure that any system updates and enhancements are shared with the Business Solutions Customer Service managers based in EMEA countries to ensure that changes are captured and embedded into the training programs for CRM users. Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
* Ensure system configuration meets all local regulatory and compliance requirements.
* Contribute towards the technical knowledge base to ensure information is shared with the wider team
* Support the Customer Service Excellence objective by collating and acting upon 'Voice of the Customer' data obtained by feedback and satisfaction surveys.
* Cultivate good working relationships with global technical teams and collaborate where required.
* Undertake any additional, appropriate, tasks requested by System Specialist Manager or Business Solutions Director.
Skills & Experience required:
* Veeva or Salesforce Configuration Certification (or proven extensive experience)
* Educated to 'A' level standard/degree standard
* Project Management qualification/working towards project management certification desirable
* Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
* Salesforce cloud or Veeva CRM administration, configuration and data stewardship experience within the life sciences / pharmaceutical industry is essential
* Demonstratable experience in training delivery, especially systems and process training is desirable
* Demonstratable experience of working with validated systems is desirable
* Project management experience highly desirable
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills then please click apply.
For further details, please contact us on 01707 247259
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.