Laboratory Technician - Necropsy
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you have previous experience in dissection and/ or veterinary work?
Are you looking for an entry level position with full training?
Do you have a working knowledge of anatomy and/or tissue harvesting?
We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician - Necropsy for our site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. You will work within our modern purpose-built Necropsy department, where you will play a key role in the dissection and harvesting of tissue samples which is the first step in the process towards microscopic evaluation.
Following a comprehensive training and career development scheme, the responsibilities of this varied role will include:
- The development and use of anatomy skills to identify and trim tissue samples from a range of animal species.
- Removal, handling, weighing and evaluation of organs.
- Animal handling and euthanasia procedures in accordance with legal requirements.
- Precise labelling of samples and accurate recording of data.
- Adherence to Good Laboratory Practice regulations.
- Undertaking cross-training initiatives within other areas across Safety Assessment.
- This is a physical role which may involve periods of lifting, pushing and pulling.
- You will have an enthusiastic and committed attitude.
- You will have a target-orientated outlook, suited to working within a fast-paced, production-intensive environment.
- Flexible attitude towards unexpected overtime.
- Once trained, the job involves working overtime, which may be weekdays, weekends, Bank Holidays and part of the on-call rota.
At Covance by Labcorp, we value all employees equally, because every team member is essential to our success. On top of being valued and respected, we invest in your development and will help you to progress along whichever career path you choose which will be both flexible and rewarding.
Contact us today and see where it takes you!
- Degree in Biomedical/ Biological Sciences or equivalent is not essential but advantageous.
- Non-Graduate ideally will have a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) English, Maths and a Science subject. Good English language/reading/writing skills essential
- Home office licence is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided
Due to our comprehensive training and career development scheme, it is not essential to have previous experience; full training will be provided. We offer a range of entry level opportunities and welcome applications from both graduates and non-graduates.