Junior Laboratory Assistant - Aide - 9 month FTC (full time)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you interested in working within a scientific environment?
Do you want to work for a company that helps build a healthier and safer world?
Covance by Labcorp is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
At Covance by Labcorp in Harrogate, North Yorkshire we are looking for a Laboratory Assistantto join our expanding Biopharmaceutical CMC Solutions (Chemical Manufacturing Controls) team where you would be working 50% of the time in the laboratory.
Job responsibilities include:
- To ensure all materials (reagents, consumables, critical materials and samples) in CMC are entered, located and tracked by established deadlines and in compliance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and regulatory agency guidelines; assuring the processes is followed for all materials throughout their lifecycle
- To Perform a variety of material coordination responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GMP(Good Manufacturing Practice) / GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) / GCP (Good Clinical Practice) requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Direct responsibility for ensuring that effective and efficient coordination processes are followed for incoming and outgoing materials/samples
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract for 9 months
- GCSE/A level in a scientific subject, experience may be substituted for qualifications
- Some experience of working within a laboratory environment desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Some experience and application of sample process receipt, transfer and shipping processes would be ideal but again not essential
- Basic computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Word, Excel)