Medical Director Oncology
- Experience Level
I am partnered with an international biotech company based in the Netherlands with more than 50 employees that are driven by the knowledge, skills and teamwork of 15+ nationalities. They are pioneering the research, development and manufacture of new cancer therapies to add unique value to the global goal to cure cancer in a sustainable way.
The Medical Director or Clinical Scientist drives the development of our therapeutics operationally as well as strategically and serves as a representative to internal and external stakeholders.
- High quality and timely execution of clinical trial strategies in close coordination with the CMO
- Design and creation of clinical studies, including compilation of clinical documents (i.e. protocols, investigator’s brochure, clinical study reports) or providing respective sections
- Monitor, document, interpret and ensure timely publication of clinical study data
- Ensuring projects are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and standards, specifically ICH-GCP, and in accordance with company standard operating procedures and policies
- Medical oversight of clinical trials and Investigator Initiated Trials supported by the company in close coordination with the CMO.
- Oversight of contracted medical monitoring activities
- Drug safety and pharmacovigilance responsibility or oversight thereof if outsourced
- Participation in Investigator Meetings and key scientific meetings/conferences.
- Support or conduct of early assessments of new therapeutic approaches and, as appropriate, assist in competitive intelligence and/or market assessment activities
- Maintain scientific and medical knowledge of assigned therapeutic and disease areas
- Assist in engagement and management of external stakeholders, ranging from KOLs, PIs to vendor representatives
- Management of Clinical Trial Managers.
- MD, ideally Haematologist/ Oncologist
- 5 years’ experience in clinical development of therapeutics, preferably with cell and gene therapies
- Track record of successfully initiating and progressing projects from discovery into the clinic in the hemato-oncology therapeutic space
- Willingness to travel extensively
- A permanent contract and Competitive salary
- Generous pension contribution
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement
- 25 days holiday
- Growth and development opportunities