Sample Coordinator PRD
3 days left
- Experience Level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Sample Coordinator to join the team. The purpose of this role is to provide essential laboratory activities and services supporting the high quality scientific work conducted by the team.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Carry out Sample coordinator duties for Process R&D department including:
- Taking receipt of samples from process development and scale-up activities within the Upstream and Downstream departments of Process R&D, OXB sites, sub‑contractors and customers.
- Packaging samples and booking couriers for shipment to other OXB sites, sub‑contractors and clients.
- Managing of In‑Process Controls and Standards and also issuing samples and control materials to Scientists for analysis.
- Creating inventory of all samples stored in freezers and create ‘check-in/check-out’ system of samples entering and leaving the freezers.
- Co-ordinating sample requests for analytical assays and liaising with respective teams to ensure correct samples are delivered to correct group in a timely manner.
- Liaising with subcontractors to arrange external testing required by Process R&D.
- Support Scientists with generation of labels, sample labelling, scanning, filing and archiving documents.
- Downloading and reviewing templates, checking and completing shipment documentation.
- Implementing innovative system for efficient storage, access and recording of samples and necessary sample information.
- Supporting development of labelling improvement programmes (e.g. barcoding ) and the subsequent database structures involved.
- Developing and maintaining system to ensure the timely storing or disposal of samples.
- Routinely interact with other departments and facilitate and support analytical activities.
- Accountable for own performance in alignment with group objectives and deadlines.
- Work in accordance with the OXB quality management system.
- Display a high regard for safety and display a high level of good laboratory citizenship.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Maths & English GCSE as a minimum requirement
- Solid computer skills (update spreadsheets)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in setting up databases and experience in regulated environments (GXP)
- In addition, desirable skills include:
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent experience gained elsewhere
- Experience in handling biological and chemical samples
- Practical understanding of how own area of operation relates to the overall business of OXB.
- Trained to operate equipment in accordance with OXB procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please