Executive Director, BU Operations Mgt.
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Executive Director, Business Unit Operations Management, provides senior level direction and independent management of the regional European operations management group / function within the assigned business unit. Provides leadership, direction and oversight of processes and functions related to supporting the delivery of the regional portfolio of clinical studies across an evolving set of clinical services. Leads strategic and operational level initiatives for the business unit. Drives positive change throughout the business unit through effective process management including continuous process improvement programs and change management. The position operates at a high level of competency with minimal oversight and is considered a key leadership position within the business unit.
- Serves as Regional EMEA Governance Lead, responsible for coordinating and attending quarterly regional governance meetings as well as monthly country-level meetings with client representatives
- Responsible for regional oversight of EMEA operations, inclusive of meeting timelines and deliverables
- Evaluate regional metrics and identify regional risks in an effort to identify trends and develop prompt mitigation strategies and corrective actions through resolution
- Leads the identification and implementation of global and / or regional specific processes to increase efficiency. Plans for the efficient allocation of resources within operations through resource management and review of staff utilization.
- Provides direction of performance improvement, operational efficiencies, and operational excellence by identifying best practices and ideas for innovation and continuous improvement
- Participates in corporate initiatives and/or represents business unit in corporate or functional activities
- Will drive and support the comprehensive Project Review process
- Within the business unit, may approve courses of action on management / human resources' matters, including salary administration; employment hires, transfers, terminations; performance appraisals and professional development; job description preparation, and employee counseling. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods
- Development of lessons learned and best practices process, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels .
- Drive process and Change Management, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- BA/BS in the life sciences along with relevant experience. Requires extensive progressive management experience preferably in a worldwide clinical research, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology company. MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Comprehensive management skills and experience, including but not limited to short and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff, marketing and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA regulations, drug development, and clinical project management procedures is necessary.
- Knowledge of Oncology Clinical Trials is highly preferred.
- Strong ability to manage time and work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convinces, and persuade.
- High proficiency with full MS Office Applications, including MS Project.
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25%)