Business Transformation Project Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you an experienced Project Manager with a true passion for global business transformation?
Do you have proven experience working within a large, global ,matrixed environment paired with a natural ability to communicate and present at executive level?
Do you want to be part of an organisation that makes a real difference to the world?
If you answered YES, then we need you!
Come and join our dynamic Business Transformation Team at Covance by Labcorp.
Based remotely in the UK, this is a fantastic ppportunity to make a difference.
Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance helped develop.
- Primary ongoing responsibility is to lead project teams delivering projects to enable and support business priorities, project commitments.
- Maintain frequent communication with project working groups, vendors and stakeholders to ensure everyone is aware of scope, action items, risks, and project changes. May or may not have direct reports.
- Work to launch innovative projects on time and within budget, and manage allocated resources.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
- Contribute to defining processes, documentation, and discipline for BT Project Management
- Interact regularly with stakeholders to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Anticipates consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change.
- Sets and meets realistic deadlines. Forecasts changes and communicates current and projected issues. Ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability for project budget.
- Creates within the team a shared focus on the importance of achieving results.
- Developing and communicating business cases to support recommendations for change to current business practices and processes, and developing controls to monitor the progress associated with implementation of recommended changes.
- Partnering with multiple levels within the organization identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, enhance productivity, drive growth, further employee engagement and performance. You will be partnering with business unit deployment champions, VP of Quality and other Business Process Improvement Leaders to ensure that best practices are shared across the organization.
- Demonstrating strong project management skills, including an ability to plan and execute projects that meet cost, resource and outcome expectations; manage complex and/or competing priorities effectively; and meet commitments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing Transformation projects in an Agile environment.
- Outstanding grasp of Project management skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as demonstrated by presentation of problems to appropriate people in an objective and non-judgmental manner; matching influence strategies to the situation; delivering oral and written communications with clarity and impact.
- Ability to perform intermediate/advanced computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills as demonstrated by:
- Ability to apply innovation and exploration of non-traditional ideas in solving problems
- Well respected within the organization
- Ability to use personal energy and positive attitude to influence
- Ability to prioritize work and adaptability to changing work demands
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to negotiate issues and suggestions.
- Ability to effectively train employees at all levels in simple to complex problem solving, project management and basic Lean Sigma skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree.
- Minimum level of process management experience as a certified PM (or equivalent)
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education.