- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our global pharmaceutical client has a vacancy for a Synthesis Technician.
Our client is looking for candidates based in Switzerland/ EU.
This is an initial 12-month full time contract.
Purpose: Responsible for the lab work during process development. Direct influence on the process development due to first hand experiences and observations. Support of the project teams by generating and aggregating information
Performs synthesis experiments in the lab according to HSE regulations and risk assessments.
2. Supports the process responsible chemist by collecting and aggregating information.
3. Documents the lab work in appropriate form.
4. With increasing Job grade:
a. Performs experiment in the lab according to instructions.
b. Supports the Chemist in the design of the experimental setup performs the experiment and summarizes the observations.
c. Designs the experiment, creates weekly work plan, summarizes and interprets the results in the context of the current project status, proposes ideas for the next experiments and discusses with the process responsible chemist, is able to transform paper ideas into lab experiments with supervision.
d. Designs the experiment, creates weekly work plan, summarizes and interprets the results in the context of the current project status, provides ideas for the next experiment, substitutes the process responsible chemist in meetings, transforms paper ideas into lab experiments without supervision.
5. With increasing Job grade: Increasing know how about scale up and transfer difficulties.
6. With increasing Job grade: Increasing know how from only current step, that is worked on to overview of whole synthesis and additional projects (even those of peers).
7. Supports LSC during pilot phase of project also at the pilot plant 8. With increasing Job Grade: Supports CHAD by actively taking part in initiatives.
Education: Laborantenausbildung or equivalent
Languages: Good skills in site (local) language is necessary (oral and written).
1. Passion for chemical experiments in the lab.
2. Exact and efficient laboratory work.
3. Deep understanding of HSE requirements and save and conscious work in the lab.
4. Good technical knowhow of standard lab equipment (Analytical: HPLC; GC, NMR and Synthesis: FlexyALR, Easy max) 5. Software know how: Office package, Chromeleon, eLN, ChemDraw, Isis Draw.