Scientist, Molecular Biology (Microfluidics)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
My client is looking for a talented Molecular Biologist who has solid, hands-on experience in applying Microfluidics to develop formulations and wide exposure to DNA/RNA delivery vector development. As well as comprehensive Microfluidic expertise, the successful candidate will also have a comprehensive hands-on experience of a variety of molecular and cell biology techniques, including mammalian cell culture, transfection, reporter gene assays, and image analysis. The person should be eager to make a significant impact on our company’s trajectory and to grow into a leadership role as we scale.
This company is an exciting, venture capital-funded start-up Cell and Gene Therapy biotech whose mission is to pioneer a new class of non-viral RNA/DNA therapies to improve the lives of patients suffering from rare and untreatable diseases. The company is solving one of the biggest challenges for DNA, RNA, and CRISPR therapies, which is transporting large genetic payloads into the correct cells.
• Ph.D. in nucleic acid delivery, pharmacology, biochemistry, or related fields
• Experience in applying microfluidic technologies for formulation development
• Experience in developing nucleic acid therapies with common delivery vectors (such
• Solid hands-on experience in cell and molecular biology for pre-clinical drug
• 3+ years of post-graduate experience in academia or industry (in a laboratory
• Early drug discovery experience
• Experience in working with in vivo / disease models
• Experience in developing assays for low and high throughput screening
• Solid publication record
• Expertise in bioinformatics, incl. programming skills (Python and/or R)
Offering excellent progression opportunities, a great salary, and share options, please contact me as soon as possible if you would like more detail.