Head of HR UK
- Experience Level
Head of HR UK
An exciting an rare opportunity to join Bausch + Lomb in this Senior HR position where you will have a genuine seat at the table with the local Leadership team who value and respect HR as a trusted partner.
Our Mission is clear, we want to improve people’s lives with our Health Care Products. The HR Team are at the core of this Mission, finding talent and support people’s development in the pursuit of this mission. The HR Team are passionate about business partnering in the trust sense and this role is critical for collective success of the UK / I operations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the country HR team (including Payroll) to develop and deliver the company’s people strategy.
- Partnering with UK Leadership Team to drive and execute employee engagement and motivation strategies
- Taking stock of the ‘new normal’ and how we adapt to support the local business and provide pro-active HR expertise to ensure we can continue to thrive in these new times.
- Drive an enhanced focus on Value creation through a focus on training (upskilling / reskilling), talent management and scalability of team capabilities.
- Help embed the clear focus on company purpose to ensure we live the values and drive the patient focus in support of our people focus and recruitment planning.
- At an operational level we will look to ensure our table stakes are well maintained and that employees are aware of and comply with the local labour standards as appropriate to the nature and scope of their role.
Organizational Effectiveness, Talent & Change
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a people strategy, with a real focus on the new normal, in line with the Go to Market strategies of the respective business units and functions.
- In conjunction with the UK leadership partnering on upskilling and reskilling the teams.
- Drive talent management activity ensuring the business has appropriate talent to deliver results now and in future – which includes succession planning management and critical role identification.
- With a clear focus on our Purpose, plan, develop, implement and evaluate change management initiatives to our objectives and value driven plans.
- Support BU and Functions heads to develop and embed change initiatives. Activities include:
- Organisation design & Implementation of new organisation structures
- Top team development
- Employee engagement
- Culture change
- Best practice sharing
- Process improvement
- Change management
- Clearly define the HR business partnering objectives and priorities, especially in support of how we build the organization of tomorrow.
- Lead and develop a HR team providing a wide-ranging generalist HR service
- As a member of the UKI leadership team, responsible for supporting the smooth running of day-to-day business operations
Attraction & Selection
- Manage strategic recruitment efforts, ensuring that resourcing policies deliver business goals and key roles are efficiently appointed to drive growth and develop leadership capabilities
- Participate in recruitment for key appointments to include interviewing, setting reward and selection of external providers.
- Coaching Senior Leaders
- Implement and drive a culture of performance management throughout the business
- Provide support, guidance and direction in maintaining effective employee relations
- Implement training and development activities at the individual, team & country level across UK/Ireland.
- Provide pragmatic and commercially-focused HR solutions, employee relations advice and a day-to-day operational HR service and administration that are legally compliant, cost effective, consistent and supportive of core business goals
- Manage all HR service provider agreements
- Oversee and co-ordinate HR reporting
- Ensure that robust systems are in place within HR to monitor and report financial, reputational and operational risk
- Ensure HR strategies and processes comply with employment and other related legislation
Comp & Ben
- Manages and implements compensation and benefits strategy to ensure effective and consistent country application and market competitiveness.
- Understand the regulatory regime within which the organisation operates and ensure the HR activities comply
- Ensure employees are aware of and comply with the local labour standards as appropriate to the nature and scope of their role.
To be Succesful you will need:
- Degree (preferred)
- CIPD qualified level 7 or above
- Significant senior HR experience
- Health care industry (preferred)
- Multi-national company
- Prior experience of heading up an HR function, developing and implementing HR strategy
- Broad generalist experience to include excellent knowledge of employment legislation, compensation, payroll and learning & development.