Senior Reward Insights Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior Reward Insights Specialist
Business focussed analysts working in Global Reward Data & Analytics Team based in Regional Human Resources (HR) Centre.
Critical requirements include a knowledge and experience in C & B, excellent analytical capability, an eye for detail, a curiosity for knowledge, the ability to translate technical analysis into useful, business focussed insights as well as strong communication skills.
As a member of the broader Reward community, position utilise our suite of core enabling HR technology to execute a range of compensation activities, working closely with the global compensation team and reward partners. You will continuously identify and implement process and technology improvements to our way of working in HR and our interactions with partners.
Overall our team's objective is to design and deliver a leading-edge reward strategy supported by policies and practices to achieve AZ's bold ambition.Focus & Challenge:
- To work as part of the team to establish the C & B team as a renowned Centre of Expertise (CoE), through delivering consistently high quality data, data management and analytical insight.
- To understand the various needs of the business, as identified globally, regionally and locally, and how these needs are met through provision of compensation and benefits.
Analytical & Reporting Accountabilities:
- Deliver high quality job analysis and evaluation, pay benchmarking, analysis of C & B surveys and annual salary budgeting data.
- Report on country adherence to global compensation and benefit requirements, identifying exceptions and training requirements. Work with the Reward Partners to monitor alignment with global requirements.
- Support the annual rewarding performance cycle (e.g. annual salary review, position to market analysis), for instance the provision of standard reporting suites for senior leadership teams.
- Through the analysis of data (e.g. job market trends, legislative requirements) identify trends and issues.
- Review and develop global reporting on all C & B activities (for example base pay changes, recognition, allowance usage).
- Provide analytical support in respect of Global compensation and benefit plans, including assessing problems, raising complex queries, and resolving and communicating routine queries.
Administrative / Support Accountabilities
- Provide specialist project based administrative support when required, for instance deliver quality, detailed plans to underpin the continuous improvement of all standard cyclical planning activity.
- Document and manage up all Business Unit processes to enable effective, fast adoption of the global salary benchmarking tool across countries.
- Deliver documents, presentation materials and releases and distributes to required partners.
- Plan, organise, and schedule own workload so that all activities are completed accurately and on time.
- Provide the underpinning support required for ongoing job evaluation requirements and execution of the job catalogue, as well as across the broader Global Reward team.
- Data Handling / Analysis:
- Able to think analytically and effectively, solve problems using creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks efficiently and prioritise workload within a matrixed team environment.
- Comfortable handling large quantities of data and producing insights with a keen attention to detail and focus on data accuracy with potential to develop a structured way to take care of unusual challenges and issues.
- Proven ability to work with confidential data.
- Professional user of excel / database management.
Compensation & Benefit Knowledge & Experience
- Prior experience in running cyclical compensation processes with a continuous improvement attitude.
- Has an awareness of compensation practices across different regions and the impact on use of compensation data.
- Good understanding of market data and grading / job evaluation methodologies.
- Experience of using salary surveys - submitting data, extracting and analysing data.
- Experienced in the use of a variety of job evaluation tools.
- HR Services Knowledge & Experience
- Services minded with a "can do attitude" - dedicated to providing good service with a customer focus to develop an understanding of the external compensation and benefit environment, building a network of fellow professionals to extend your knowledge of practices across the market.
- Degree Educated or equivalent; further education desirable.
- Experience in Microsoft applications.
- Well-developed communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working as part of a lively and hard-working team, performing together to meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken.
- Has a growth attitude for personal development.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.