Experienced Study Start Up Associate | North Ryde, Sydney
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Experienced Study Start Up Associate
- Career progression opportunity with training resources provided
- Can be home or office based (dependent on experience)
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
As a member of the Study Start Up Team, you will play an integral role in making sure that physicians at our research sites are prepared to start the trial of investigational, new pharmaceutical and biological products for clinical trials at their local practices.
- To review and negotiate clinical site investigator contracts and budgets
- Stay connected with Investigative sites, sponsors and internal personnel regarding the status of contracts and contract-related documents
- Prepare and coordinate preparation of contractual documents and correspondence
- Facilitate the indemnification process between the study sponsor and the site
- Function as the internal consultant on study budgets (investigator payments, develop and update training documentation and conduct group training as necessary, mentor and train new and junior personnel in the SSU department, and act as consultant on the Investigator Contract and Budget development process from origination through execution)
- Provide risk assessment and contingency plans to mitigate impact if forecasted timelines are not reached, and escalate issues as soon as identified
What you need
- A bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies, Juris Doctor (law) degree, or related experience is preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years' demonstrated experience in Study Start Up processes
- Experience in a clinical research environment with specific experience in study contracts review and budget negotiation or in related field such as where contract or legal document review is a primary part of you role
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.