Associate Clinical Development Medical Director
- Experience Level
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organization focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world.
We are currently looking for a Associate Clinical Development Medical Director to be based in Basel for a 6-month contract position.
As a Associate Clinical Development Medical Director (Assoc. CDMD) you are responsible for the scientific and medical strategy of assigned clinical trial(s), medical and scientific monitoring, and reporting of quality data. Further you are responsible for the scientific and medical strategy of assigned sections of a clinical development program, depending on the size and complexity.
- Provides clinical leadership, medical and scientific strategic input, and contributes to development of trial related documents (e.g., CTPs, informed consent form, case report forms, data monitoring committee charters, data analysis plan, reports, publications) for assigned clinical trial(s) consistent with Integrated Development Plan (IDP); develops materials for trial-related advisory boards, data monitoring committees, investigator meetings, and protocol training meetings;
- Provides medical and scientific input and contributes to clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents (e.g., Investigator’s Brochures, Health Authority briefing books, safety updates, submission dossiers, and responses to Health Authorities);
- Under direction, contributes to ensuring overall safety of the compound for assigned trial(s) in collaboration with Patient Safety;
- Supports Therapeutic Area Head (TAH) with contributing to peer-review of IDPs, CTPs, and other clinical documents across various indications and programs;
- Supports development of TA strategies, as needed;
- May contribute to the medical and scientific evaluation for Business Development & Licensing (BD&L) opportunities;
- Contributes to talent and career development of CD associates through on-boarding, coaching, and/or mentoring support; develops and fosters CD culture; and may contribute to the performance evaluation of CTT members;
- Contributes to medical/scientific training of relevant stakeholders on the disease area and compound/molecule. May serve as speaker for franchise medical/scientific training;
- Contributes to global initiatives (e.g., process improvement, training, SOP development, other Clinical Development line function initiatives);
In collaboration with appropriate Clinical Trial Team (CTT) members:
- Ensures direct medical support of trials as needed and may act as medical monitor;
- Conducts ongoing medical and scientific review of clinical trial data with Clinical Scientific Expert(s);
- Manages patient safety and reports on trial data to safety and clinical boards (e.g., Safety Management Team (SMT), GCT, GPT;
- Provides input into final analyses and interpretation including the development of the Clinical Study Report(s) (CSRs), publications and internal/external presentations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- MD or equivalent medical degree required;
- Advanced knowledge and clinical training in a medical/scientific area (e.g., internal medicine or sub-specialty) required, with Medical Board certification preferred;
- Clinical practice experience ≥ 4 years;
- ≥ 3 years of involvement in clinical research or drug development in an academic or industry environment spanning clinical activities in Phases I through IV. ≥ 2 years of contribution to and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting clinical trials (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing) in a global/matrix environment in pharmaceutical industry;
- Working knowledge of the assigned disease area is desired with proven ability to interpret, discuss and present efficacy and safety data relating to clinical trial(s) or program level;
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationship with key investigators;
- Working knowledge of GCP, clinical trial design, statistics, and regulatory and clinical development processes;
- Fluent in English (oral and written).