- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Exciting Medical Devices Development company seeks an experienced Sustaining Engineer. Responsible for supporting existing business needs by developing new and improved processes, tooling and manufacturing concepts and undertaking cost savings and obsolescence management projects.
Reviewing existing product design, identify weaknesses, propose, implement and monitor effectiveness of improvements. Focused on meeting customer expectations for cost, quality and delivery.
Duties may include:
- Create the strategy for the verification/validation of the new designs and participate in verification/validation activities.
- Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item lists, assigning responsibility, completion dates and achieving milestones.
- Complete projects, report status, and document lessons learns in and efficient manner.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing floor in ensuring production of quality products.
- Work with other support departments to maintain on-time delivery goals.
- Engineering support which includes; vendor contact and evaluating specifications.
- Produce DHF and DMR documentation for transfer to manufacturing.
- Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Perform all duties in compliance with the quality management system; actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the Quality Management System
- Works with Quality Control team to generate, update and implement all project related documentation including control plans, work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample request, process guides and troubleshooting guides.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Team Lead.
Skills and experience:
- BEng or HND in Engineering or similar related field.
- 2+ years of experience preferred in the Medical Device or Diagnostics Industry.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in new product development, introduction processes and procurement protocols.
- Must be motivated and creative, work well under pressure and operate effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner.
- Must be detail oriented, focused and able to produce accurate and professional documents.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other statistical analysis software).
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Experience in CAD modelling software (Solidworks / Altium) is a plus.