Microbiology Laboratory Technician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Leading international Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks a Microbiology Laboratory Technician to join a talented team, working on a double day shift rota.
About the role:
To carry out environmental monitoring (EM) program of aseptic compounding centre including; taking daily samples within production cleanroom areas, incubation, plate reading and identification of isolates. Documentation and data-entry of all results, following good documentation practices. Conducting investigations into EM excursions and non-reconciliations, generation and communication of KPIs, trending reports and state-of-control of compounding centre.
This post is suited to someone with a scientific qualification and some lab experience.
Main Accountabilities when trained
- Carry out environmental monitoring program
- Incubation of samples
- Reading of plates and liquid media and evaluation of results
- Species-level identification of isolates
- Investigating EM excursions and out of specification results
- Sample processing for external testing
- Sterility testing of finished products
- Documentation and data entry of all results
- Trending of results and report-writing
- Writing and review of procedures, protocols and records relating to job role