Study Director Toxicology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you at a stage in your career where you are ready to work on a variety of studies with differing levels of complexity?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a global organization who strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential products to the market?
As one of the world's premier Contract Research Organizations, Covance by Labcorp's mission is to help build a healthier and safer world by providing research services for a multitude of our customers.
We are looking for a Study Director to work in our Study Direction department at our site in Eye, Suffolk.This is to be responsible for, to organise, to run on a day to day basis and report, Toxicology studies of various types and complexity.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with internal and external customers to ensure prompt and proper action on all aspects of the study plans for studies assigned
- Taking ownership of the day to day organization, analysis and reporting of various studies
- Attending and, where appropriate, assisting in key elements of the work of assigned studies including monitoring progress and status
- Developing protocols and ensuring that the protocol, including any changes, is approved and is in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory agency guidelines
- Ensuring that all experimental data, including observations of unanticipated responses to the test system, are accurately recorded and verified
- Direct preparation of reports, interpreting results and ensuring compliance with the protocol and regulatory requirements and submitting results to the client
- Participating in study-specific client visits as required
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for career development and progression within a global organisation with global clients
- Excellent relocation package (subject to criteria)
- Flexible working arrangements
If you are looking to make a difference and want to work within a supportive team, where there are real opportunities to learn, develop and progress then we would like to hear from you!
- BSc minimum preferably in life science (MSc/PhD preferred) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working as a Study Director to GLP standards
- Knowledge and/or experience in performing a number and/or complexity of safety assessment General Toxicology studies along with study design and conduct in adherence to regulatory guidance
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge in planning, negotiation and process innovation
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills