Study Director - Residue Analysis - Excellent progression opportunity!
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Are you looking for a role that will expand your career in Analytical Chemistry?
Do you have the skills and experience to liaise with clients on a variety of studies?
Do you want to work for a Scientific company that is a world leader in Pharmaceutical and Environmental development?
This is to undertake the role of Study Director / Analytical Principal Investigator for assigned studies. Responsible for the supervision and reporting of assigned work to ensure that all analytical studies are performed to satisfactory scientific standards, in accordance with Study Plan, GLP and relevant SOPs.
These studies can be carried out on a variety of samples such as fruit, vegetables, soil, air, water and biological samples.
As a Study Director your responsibilities will be:
- To ensure that the agreed timelines are consistent with the Sponsors needs and/or agreed company start up times.
- Monitor the status of observations made during the study and ensure the responses are fully documented.
- To review all data to ensure its accuracy. To ensure that the study is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice and that suitable responses/actions are made following Quality Assurance Audit.
- To be aware of the study status, anticipate problems that may affect the schedule date, purpose or integrity of the study.
- To inform the Sponsor of the results as soon as possible after the study completion date. To prepare draft and final reports ensuring the report is concisely and accurately written, reflects the raw data and includes all relevant information.
- To maintain the computerised monitoring system for studies such that the information is up to date to enable study monitoring by their supervisors and other departments such as Quality Assurance.
- Where appropriate co-ordinating the supply of test materials, test vessels and equipment in conjunction with other members of staff thereby ensuring their availability for study start up.
- Being aware of all experimental equipment in use and ensuring that all technicians are adequately trained in its use.
- Train and supervise staff.
- Covance by Labcorp offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health cover and contributory pension.
- A relocation package (subject to guidelines).
- Covance by Labcorp's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
- We will support your professional development every step of the way!
- Degree in Chemistry related subject, with relevant industry experience.
- Experience working within an analytical chemistry environment, with a knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations.
- Previous experience of client management skills and technical expertise in the relevant business line is preferable.