- Experience Level
Leading international Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks an experienced Shift Manager, working on a double days shift pattern (6am till 2pm on the first week followed by 2pm till 10pm the following week)
About the role:
To provide Leadership, direction and management to the Aseptic services unit located in Runcorn thus enabling the unit to deliver the highest quality product in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Develop the business internally in line with the company policy, building relationships and trust to become the health care provider of choice. Lead and motivate the Aseptic services team and ensure staff is recruited to the agreed level of competence. Ensure effective financial management and control in line with operational budget. Ensure performance data analysis is continuously undertaken and communicated to all staff. To assume direct management and operational responsibility for the Aseptic compounding unit and its personnel.
Duties may include:
- Operational responsibility for the Aseptic compounding unit located.
- Coordinate production start-up, shut down and change overs.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include work-station assignments/rotations, employer training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment and shift rotations.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Responsible to meet shift production goals and maintain KPI's in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for quality control within Aseptic services unit and to make reasonable adjustments during operations to ensure product meets specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Ensure personnel are consistently trained to agreed standards.
- Conduct Employee performance reviews.
- Compliance of company policies, legislative requirements include Financial, health and safety, cGMP, cGDP, Home office regulations, ISO Standards and HR related issues.
- Excellent relations with key internal customers and quality teams
- Meet the reporting requirements of Aseptic compounding unit including monthly management reports.
- The recruitment, development, motivation and retention of quality and committed staff.
- Identify Continuous Improvement initiatives and drive through to implementation.
- Perform any other related duties as reasonably required.
- Satisfactory internal and external audit management to maintain full accreditation.
- Training Compliance of ALL personnel (SOP's).
Skills and experience:
- Ideally with a recognised managerial qualification and/or min three years' experience in the life sciences sector/production.
- 3 years management experience with a proven track record in implementing business improvement and development.
- System aware, PC Literate, analytical, completer/finisher, self-motivated.
- Customer focused, both internal and external.
- Structured, controlled and disciplined approach to planning and organising operational/strategic business.
- GMP experienced