Senior/Principal/Associate Director Statistician - Remote (Ref: CT)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
PHASTAR is a multiple award-winning, data focused CRO specialising in providing statistics, programming, data management and data science services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. With offices across the UK, US, Germany, Kenya, Australia and Japan, PHASTAR is the second largest specialised biometrics provider globally, and the largest in the UK. We’re proud to have recently been accredited an 'outstanding' company to work for by Best Companies.
Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has led us to build a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our ever-growing global team.
As a Senior/Principal/Associate Director Statistician, you will hold a combined project leadership, client liaison and hands-on technical statistics role. Working across phases I-IV in a variety of therapeutic areas, you will lead assigned studies, ensuring they are delivered to optimal quality, on time and on budget.
- Act as lead Statistician within a reporting team environment, responsible for the statistical aspects of clinical studies
- Work as study project lead, responsible for predicting and planning resources, allocating staff, quality control and the timely delivery of outputs
- Lead a team of statisticians and programmers to manipulate, summarise and analyse clinical trial data using a variety of statistical methods
- Prepare randomisation schedules and act as unblinded biostatistician on reporting teams
- Supervise work of less experienced statisticians
- Function as statistical support across multiple studies
- Work as oversight statistician for regulatory submissions
- Ensure the team meets the highest quality standards and follows the principles detailed in PHASTAR’s internal procedures
- Act as a statistical consultant to pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies, maintaining a positive and engaging client relationship with regards to statistical issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- PhD or MSc in Statistics or related discipline
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO or pharma) to have a good awareness of clinical trial issues, design and implementation
- Project leadership experience
- Knowledge of CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
- Previous experience performing statistical analysis using SAS
With the world’s eyes focused on clinical trial data, this is a fantastic time to join an award-winning specialist biometrics CRO that is renowned for its technical expertise, outstanding quality and cutting-edge data science techniques. We offer structured training and development plans, the opportunity to continue your own research, flexible working arrangements, a competitive salary and an industry-leading benefits package - all within a relaxed, fun and friendly working environment.