Continuous Improvement and R&D Scientist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Continuous Improvement & R&D Scientist
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Continuous Improvement & R&D Scientist.
This position will be largely project based and will entail a high degree of autonomy and initiative. This is an 18 month contract position.
• Conduct scientific studies. Analyze data and processes; develop, characterise and make formal recommendations.
• Plan and execute experiments using design of experiment techniques
• Coordinate and assist the formal creation of system test methods in conjunction with the Quality and Regulatory Groups
• Reengineer existing processes or test methods to adapt to changes in market, business, and/or regulatory requirements.
• Transition products and processes from development phase to routine production
• Work within cross functional teams to identify key project/process or performance attributes and opportunities for product and process improvements.
• Coordinate and lead technical root cause investigations.
• Cooperate with other functional areas and groups within the company to achieve robust product supply
• Participate in Product transfer activities within the company
• As required lead reagent & system complaint investigations within the company and subsequent report handling.
• Adherence to the quality system and training given at all times
• Completion and review of Documentation to cGMP/GDP requirements/standards.
• Work constructively with team members from R&D, Continuous Product Improvement, Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, Technical Support, Clinical Affairs, Customer Service, and Finance.
• Work constructively with team members from the company on multi-site projects
• Communicate progress on a frequent basis. Communication will require the successful candidate to present project updates to the relevant stakeholders
• An advanced life science degree.
• Laboratory experience in biological sciences required
• Demonstrated competence in biochemical techniques and statistical concepts.
• Experience in the field of Coagulation/ IVD industrial of ≥2 years would be advantageous.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data, and technical procedures.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well alone and as part of a team.