- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
On behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Production Planner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for satisfying customer demand by producing and monitoring achievable production schedules based on demand, available capacity and resources. At all times inventory levels must be managed to ensure financial exposure is kept to a minimum.
This is a maternity leave contract.
- 100% Data Accuracy.
- Drives to achieve zero back orders.
- Ensure safety stocks are always planned to be in place.
- Micromanagement of non-robust SKUs to ensure no stock outs and that safety stocks are maintained.
- Liaise with Central Supply Chain and manage all shipments to Group distribution sites.
- Manage inventory at intermediate, component and finished goods levels in line with forecasts / stock holding policies.
- Ensure that M3 ERP is maintained to always reflect reality. Including identifying and maintain planning item master data, i.e., planner codes, planning time fences, lead times, order qty’s, safety stock levels.
- Coordinates activities within cross functional team through planning meetings and communication to ensure all team members are aligned to achieve the above.
- Maintains and updates rolling 12-week production schedule and 12-week PAD (put at disposal) report.
- Populates monthly rolling MPS for a 12-month period.
- 3+ years’ experience in planning / scheduling.
- Thorough knowledge essential of day-to-day practises within MRP environment.
- Conversant with company policies / procedures / regulatory and FDA standards
- APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
- Third level qualification preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, (both written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills and be comfortable holding people accountable.
- Team focused so as to have the ability to work as part of an interdepartmental cross functional team.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to balance workloads and multitask.