- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
On behalf of my client, I am currently recruiting for a Project Manager for a full time, permanent role with a Clinical Trials Company.
The Project Manager role is focused on developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and the delivery of projects on time and within budget.
Responsibilities, Activities and Key Deliverables
- Define, develops and manage projects, from proposal stage to completion, including prioritisation and resource planning.
- Work with project team to ensure that projects are managed according to agreed delivery schedules and specifications, within budget and are high quality.
- Ensure that projects are managed according to the agreed processes and quality management standards.
- Ensure that project risks, issues, changes and communications, are defined and maintained professionally.
- Work with the team to monitor project progress continually to ensure issues are identified and resolved quickly.
- Conduct study closeout reviews and ensure any resulting actions are completed.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Ensure excellent communication with the customer. Conduct regular meetings with the customer weekly/biweekly depending on the project phase.
- Conduct online product training meetings with customers and monitors.
- Identify and actively resolve any issues within the account.
- Identify and work with Business development to drive new business opportunities.
- Develop a good knowledge of the customers organisation.
- Ongoing reporting to management on the status of the project and customer relationship
- Regularly review the end product to determine if updates are required and discuss this with the customer.
- Creation and review of department documentation and SOPs as needed
- Mentor and Coach Junior PMs as required
The Project Manager should expect to work non-standard hours on a regular basis, as the position demands. There will also be travel required, to maintain regular contact with customers and project team members. This can include attending bid defences, client meeting and presenting at investigator meetings.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Project Management/Project Coordinator role preferably in the Clinical Trial/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Third level degree or equivalent. BSc (Life Sciences) or RGN preferred
- Aware of industry and professional standards in clinical trials in particular excellent knowledge of ICH GCP required.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of project management.
- Proven negotiation and conflict management skills with the ability to resolve issues at all levels of management.
For full details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ciara at 01 278 4702
Thornshaw Scientific is a division of the CPL group. www.thornshaw.com