Process Development Scientist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
A high energy Biotechnology company based in Oxford is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join their expanding CMC team. The organisation is developing novel T-Cell based therapies for specific tumour targets. With a number of partnerships and cutting edge technology and their disposal, the company is truly paving the way within Cell & Gene Therapy space and generating a great deal of interest from highly experienced Scientific professionals and investors alike.
The role itself is a progressive position working with some of the greatest minds in the Immunology / T-Cell space and will require a high level of autonomy and teamwork towards a common goal. This is a lab based role developing projects from research to GMP Manufacturing and will require an individual with an understanding of the CMC process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute experiments and analyse results both autonomously and a part of a wider team
- Liaise with colleagues from R&D, Process Development and Analytical Development to share ideas and collaborate on complex projects
- Develop new assays, technology and protocols within a small team whilst offering advice and expertise
- Execute on project plans to assess novel cell process technologies and methods internally and with external partners
- Partner with R&D to establish robust and functional GMP compliant cell culture processes to speed up next generation and clinical candidates from pipeline to manufacturing
- Transfer expertise on cell manufacturing methods between external partners under development and GMP tech transfer
- Communicate challenges, risks and impacts on various projects and recommend solutions
- Maintain protocols and analytical documentation and reports in a timely fashion
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Life Science or related field
- T-Cell Biology and process understanding
- Experience with Primary Cell Culture and manufacturing process development
- Experience with closed and automated culture and process technology
- Understanding of GMP regulations
- GMP Process Development
If you are interested in the position, please get in touch today!