Inside Sales - Business Developer Specialist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Promotes, recommends and sells solutions, products and services to other individuals and organizations. This includes developing, managing, and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers, and cultivating existing customer relationships to close deals
• Achieves and/or exceeds monthly sales targets by collaborating with field sales representatives. Enhance the sales process by analyzing a wide range new customer pipelines and prospecting new customers.
• Collaboratively works with multiple field sales representatives to develop an overall customer account plan to maximize opportunities and generate sales activity.
• Identifies, qualifies and capitalizes on new sales opportunities by pulling information from various resources to interpret prospective customers’ needs to make informed decisions and recommendations to management for sales targeting.
• Proactively coordinate the lead identification and qualification process through the sales cycle.
• Grows and maintains multiple existing customer and partner relationships as well as identifies new customers through proactive call planning and execution.
• Engages with customers and target audience by telephone/email and hosting internet based “on-line” meetings.
• Participates in strategy calls and bid defences as needed.
• Participates in joint calls in the field with appropriate field sales representative as needed.
• Communicates directly with sales management and sales colleagues to ensure consistency of approach and standardized outputs to clearly communicate sales performance and internal and external customer related information.
• Contributes to the development of tailored communication materials (e.g. Proactive proposals, related marketing materials) used to further develop client relationships.
• Maximizes sales by effectively utilizing sales and marketing materials, appropriate databases and technologies.
• Maintains records in the required reporting systems (e.g. CRM – SalesForce.com); report daily calls and produce reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Keeps Manager informed about changes in pipelines, competitor activities and other market changes.
• Maintains up to date sales/technical knowledge of any relevant specialty and disease area(s), as required.
• Executes against leads, tasks and assignments from all sources targets and record these activities in CRM.
• Typically requires 1 - 3 years of prior relevant experience
• Demonstrable B2B sales experience
• Knowledge of Life Science or Pharma Market and drug development life cycle - preferred
• Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Possess advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS
• PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, and Internet).
• Ability to speak additional European language - beneficial
**Flexible Working Modality**
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.