Contract Specialist I, Site Agreements
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Your new employer is Covance by Labcorp, the drug development business of Labcorp, is the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to improving health and improving lives. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve.
Covance by Labcorp Milan are now seeking a Contract Specialist to join our Site Agreements team, this is a full time and permanent position and a great opportunity to develop your career within clinical research/trials.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Daily tracking, negotiation and approval of Site Agreements and Site Agreement templates (as applicable) for clinical study teams; timely updating of the departmental Site Agreement Management System ("SAMS") or any other system required for use on a particular study.
- Confirm quality of tasks delegated to and completed by Contracts Associate.
- Manage assigned studies with careful compliance with internal processes and procedures, or otherwise according to specified Sponsor requirements.
- Responsible for the timely updating of the departmental contract tracking system.
- Performs contract administration functions including: assisting with obtaining approvals on authorization forms as required; maintaining a contract tracking system to report contract status updates and signing status; providing notice of all executed contracts to the appropriate team members along with contract values; and scanning and filing executed contracts in the shared electronic storage area in a timely manner for access by other staff members.
- Drafts, negotiates, reviews, and processes contracts in a commercially reasonably manner that protects Covance by Labcorp 's fundamental interests and in accordance with departmental practices and policies. Produces and negotiates contracts that accurately reflect Covance by Labcorp 's obligations or rights and understandings with third parties.
- Negotiates contractual terms with other contracting parties in a professional manner.
- Identifies potential obstacles in the contracting process promptly and requests assistance of line manager, project management staff, Business Development staff, Budgets & Proposals staff or higher management as necessary to minimize delays and to facilitate the prompt conclusion of contractual negotiations.
- Works closely with appropriate staff to keep them informed of progress of agreements and to avoid any delays in execution.
- Facilitates the internal review/revision/sign off process on contracts prior to forwarding to external parties.
- Coordinate and communicate with clinical study teams in a timely manner regarding contract details and timelines, as well as contract status reporting to ensure quick approval of templates and contracts.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the principles of ICH GCP to their work and follow quality standard procedures.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team and together with Covance by Labcorp's ongoing success offer you the prospect of unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
Covance by Labcorp offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Other voluntary opt-in benefits including Dental insurance, health screenings and many others
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance by Labcorp. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients - and your career.
- Bachelor's degree (LLB, JD, BA or BS), university-level law degree (UK/EU).
- Previous experience in a CRO negotiating Site Agreements and contracts
- Legal background
- Fluent Italian oral and written
- Fluent English oral and written